Guwahati is all set to host the first edition of the Advantage Assam Global Investors Summit on February 3-4 at the Sarusajai Stadium complex. With a number of politicians including Bhutan Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, industry leaders including Ratan Tata and Mukesh Ambani expected to be present during the summit, the Guwahati traffic police on Friday said that they are trying their best to maintain smooth traffic during the summit days.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Amanjeet Kaur on Friday said that due to the VIP movement vehicular traffic will be regulated on the National Highway 37. “All goods-carrying vehicles coming from Upper-Assam side towards Guwahati will be stopped at Jagiroad, Khetri, Sonapur and Jorabat. Also, goods carrying vehicles coming from Meghalaya side will be stopped at Burnihat and Jorabat from 5am onwards till the programme is over and final dispersal of all the dignitaries from the Sarusajai Stadium,” the Guwahati traffic police informed.
The police requested the neighbouring districts to restrict trucks in their boundaries.
For the goods carrying vehicles coming from Lower Assam, they will be stopped at Goalpara, Barpeta, Rangia, Nalbari, Changsari till the programme is over.
Further the police informed that no vehicles shall be allowed to park on the road from Hockey Stadium tinali point to Saukuchi tinali point. Also, no vehicles will be allowed to park from Saukuchi tinali point to Lakhra Chariali point.
On the either side of the NH-37, including the service roads, from LGBI airport to Khanapara will be a no parking zone.
Further, there GS road from Sixmile to Khanapara will be a no parking zone.
There will be restricted entry to the following areas:
- Only the vehicles having blue car pass holders and local residents will be allowed to enter through Saukuchi tinali point towards gate No 2.
- Only the vehicles having blue car pass holders and local residents will be allowed to enter through Hockey Stadium tinali point and Nalnapara tinali point.
- No vehicles shall be allowed between Koinadhara Point to Assam Science Museum Point.
- Entry of vehicles from Prison Gate to Assam Science Museum point, from AASC to Assam Science Museum point shall be restricted.
- No vehicles shall be allowed entry from Research Gate Point.
“I request the citizens of the city to extend their cooperation and approach on duty police officers for any query and help,” she said.