Inter-district travel in Assam will be allowed from August 18 onwards but it will remain banned to and from Kamrup Metro district which comprises the main city of Guwahati.
The Assam government on August 17 issued a fresh SOP in view of the prevailing COVID-19 situation in the state.
The new SOP stated that inter-district travelling through private vehicles will be allowed from August 18. Public transport for inter-district travel remains banned in the state.
Interestingly, people can travel within the state and beyond through Railways.
While the COVID-19 cases have come down rapidly in the state, the new SOP also relaxed the curfew by just one hour as shops and business establishments will not be allowed to remain open till 6 pm.
1. Night curfew time will be from 7 pm to 5 am across the state.
2. Accordingly, all work places, business/commercial establishments, Dine in Restaurants, hotels, resorts, Dhabas and other eateries, takeaway of food items from restaurants/dhabas and other eateries, opening of sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses, shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will be open up to 6 pm across the state.
3. Inter-district movement of private vehicle and movement of people shall be allowed except to and from Kamrup (Metro) district. Inter-district public transport however shall remain suspended.
4. The physical classes in respect of final year of Graduate / Post-Graduate Engineering/Medical Colleges, GNM, Nursing courses and that of Aeronautical Engineering College may be allowed to be started with fully vaccinated students.
5. Meeting/gathering at any open or closed spaces is allowed up to 200 persons in open spaces (for public function) and up to 50% of the hall capacity or 200 fully vaccinated persons whichever is lower in closed venues.
6. Functions related to National/International days the ceiling will be upto 50% capacity of the hall.
7. Public gathering is allowed up to 25 persons for marriage/funeral programme.
8. Religious places are allowed to open with up to 20 fully vaccinated persons per hour for iconic places and 10 fully persons per hour for other religious places.
9. Cinema/Theatre Hall will continue to remain closed.
10. Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
11. Excise authority will take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.
12. Other restrictions including declaration of containment zones etc. and exemptions as notified in the order of August 9, 2021 shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.