Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has handed over the Arunachal Pradesh teenager to the Indian army on January 27, nine days after the youth went missing.

Union minister Kiren Rijiju, who was closely monitoring the process of the release of the teenager since he went missing on January 18, tweeted: “The Chinese PLA has handed over the young boy from Arunachal Pradesh Shri Miram Taron to the Indian army. Due procedures are being followed including the medical examination.”

An official of the Upper Siang district administration said that they in association with the army, police, health and the local officials would follow the formalities before handing over the youth to his family.

“We have to follow the COVID-19 protocols before handing over the youth to his family,” an official of the Upper Siang district administration told the media.

https://twitter.com/KirenRijiju/status/1486624181793943553

A resident of Jido village in Upper Siang district, Miram Taron, aged 19 years, was reportedly kidnapped by the PLA on January 18 from Shiyung La in Bishing area of the Indian territory.

Rijiju on January 26 tweeted: “Hotline exchanged on Republic Day by Indian army with Chinese PLA. PLA responded positively indicating handing over of our national and suggested a place of release. They are likely to have an intimate date and time soon. Delay attributed to bad weather conditions on their side.”

ALSO READ:  BSF hands over Bangladeshi teenager

Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu had earlier said that the defence ministry has taken up the matter with the Chinese authority through diplomatic channels.

Avatar of TNM NewsDesk
About TNM NewsDesk

-

The News Mill is a Guwahati-based digital media with focus on content from across Northeast India and beyond. We can be reached through [email protected]

Previous

CM Sarma urges Gauhati University to lead start-up, innovation movement in Assam

Assam CM’s convoy to be reduced to 6 cars while travelling in Guwahati

Next