Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 14 announced that the nationwide lockdown to contain COVID-19 pandemic will be extended till May 3.
Modi also said the shutdown will be enforced with more strict nature and all states will be evaluated on their performance in containing the outbreak. If any state or its any district is found satisfactory, certain areas may be given conditional reprieve from April 20, said the PM Modi.
Modi stressed that the focus should be not to allow creation of any new hotspots.
Thanking the people of India, he said that the shutdown has been able to contain the spread of the virus better than many nations. Making a case between economics versus life, the PM said the latter is more important.
Making a comparison internationally, the PM said that India is in a far better position than other nations who are battling with thousands of corona positive cases.
He highlighted 7 points and said that everyone should follow the same.
- Take care of elders.
- Follow lockdown and social distancing norms. Use face masks prepared at home.
- Follow regulations laid by Ayush ministry to boost immunity. Take care of your health.
- Install Aarogya Setu Mobile App
- Help the needy. Take care of their food requirements.
- Help your employees. Don’t layoff employees.
- Respect the Coronavirus warriors.
This is a developing story. The story will be updated.
The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India