Meghalaya government has announced extension of lockdown in East Khasi Hills district till June 7.
Chief minister Conrad Sangma informed that the state government has decided to further extend the lockdown in the district, which also includes capital city of Shillong, till 5 am of June 7.
“The deputy commissioner will ensure the availability of essential commodities in all localities of East Khasi Hills district on need basis,” Sangma posted on Facebook.
Government has decided to further extend the #lockdown in East Khasi Hills district till 5AM of 7th June, 2021
— Conrad Sangma (@SangmaConrad) May 28, 2021
He informed that the containment measures that are put in place in entire Meghalaya will be extended from May 31 till further orders. The containment measures are as follows:
- Political public social and religious gathering are not permitted including conferences, meetings and trainings.
- Entry of tourists from outside the state shall not be permitted. All tourist spots to remain closed.
- Sports activities not permitted.
- Interstate movement of individuals are restricted. This is not applicable to transit vehicles that passes through Meghalaya.
- International border trade (exports activities) will be allowed but regulation is entrusted to the concerned DCs to issue and also regulate accordingly.
- Government has authorised all DCs to impose restrictions in their respective districts depending on local situation and the SDOs civil need to be authorised in their respective jurisdiction.
Among the relaxations includes home delivery services, subject to permission and regulation to be issued by DC East Khasi Hills.
Other relaxations are:
- Inter-district movement of persons from and to East Khasi Hills in Meghalaya is restricted.
- All central and state government offices other than those already notified by the personnel department to remain closed.
- SBI main branch at Laitumkhrah and secretariat branch shall function with limited staff for the purpose of government transactions only.
- All other banks in Meghalaya are permitted to open on May 31 and June 1 with limited staff for purpose of urgent transaction and they will be closed by 4 pm.
- All post offices are permitted to open from June 2-4 with limited staff.
- E-commerce activities and courier services permitted subject to regulation by DC East Khasi Hills.
- Hardware stores are permitted to open on need basis with prior permission from DC East Khasi Hills.
- In situ construction work for government projects that do not involve movement of labourers are permitted with due intimation to DC East Khasi Hills.
- In situ construction works of private construction works that do not involve movement of labourers are permitted with prior permission and regulation from the DC East Khasi Hills.
- Funerals are restricted to 10 persons with prior permission DC East Khasi Hills.
- Farming activities in rural areas including areca nut, betel leaves and broom stick.
- MGNREGA activities are also exempted from the lockdown.
The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India