News & Information From Northeast India

Sushant Singh Rajput’s father files FIR against Rhea for abetting suicide

Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s father KK Singh has filed an FIR at the Rajiv Nagar police station in Patna accusing six people, including actress Rhea Chakraborty, for abetment to suicide.

Rajiv Nagar police station in-charge Yogendra Ravidas told media persons on July 28 that KK Singh has accused six people, including Chakraborty, for abetment to suicide in his complaint. The police are investigating the case.

Chakraborty has admitted to being the late actor’s girlfriend in a tweet to Union home minister Amit Shah while pleading for a CBI probe into the matter.

“Rhea Chakraborty and five other persons have been charged under Sections 340, 341, 380, 406, 420 and 306 of IPC after Sushant Singh Rajput’s father filed an FIR against them. Further investigation is going on in the case,” Sanjay Kumar, IG, Patna Central Zone, told reporters.

In his complaint, Sushant’s father said: “While my son was doing extremely well in Bollywood till May 2019, a girl named Rhea Chakraborty and her family members and others got in touch with him so that she could use his contacts to make a career in the film industry.”

“She along with her family members, namely Indrajit Chakraborty, Sandhya Chakraborty and Shauvik Chakraborty, started interfering in my son’s life. They even forced him to move out of the house he was living in, saying that some paranormal activities were going on there which had a big time impact on my son’s mind. They forced him to live in a resort near Mumbai airport,” he said in his complaint.

He has also mentioned in the FIR that Rs 15 crore was transferred from Sushant’s bank account to a few other bank accounts which were not linked with the late actor in any way.

He even accused Rhea and her family members of stealing Sushant’s laptop, cash, jewellery, credit cards with PIN numbers etc. and threatening the late actor of making his medical reports public.

In the FIR, it was also mentioned that the late actor’s father wondered why no consent of family members was sought for his son’s treatment if he was suffering from some mental illness, as claimed.

He said: “My son never had any kind of mental illness… wondering what happened all of a sudden after he came in contact with Rhea. This should be probed.”

Sushant’s father also sought to know the kind of treatment the late actor received and the medicines given to him.

He also demanded an investigation against the doctors whom he suspected was involved in “a conspiracy along with Rhea”.

Expressing his haplessness, he mentioned in the FIR: “I am an old man… I am 74. I am saddened by the death of my son (Sushant). Almost 40 days have passed since my son died but Mumbai Police is yet to begin an investigation against the prime accused.”

So far, around 40 people have already recorded their statements, including director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, filmmakers Aditya Chopra, Mukesh Chhabra, Shekhar Kapoor, Mahesh Bhatt, and film critic Rajeev Masand, among others.

Chakraborty’s statement was recorded at the Bandra Police Station on June 18, four days after Sushant’s demise.


The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India