News & Information From Northeast India

Three more test positive for COVID-19 in Meghalaya

Three more tested positive for novel coronavirus in Meghalaya on June 8, taking the number of active cases to 25 so far.

Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma said that the three persons have recently returned to the state from Delhi and Uttarakhand.

He said all the three persons are under quarantine.

With these new detections, Meghalaya has so far recorded 39 COVID-19 positive cases, out of which 13 have recovered, one died and 25 are active and under treatment.

Earlier, Health and Family Welfare Minister Alexander Laloo Hek, informed that of the 11475 samples tested in the state for COVID-19 so far, 11009 yielded negative results, while the results of the 430 tests were awaited.


The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India