© Heynortheast Media Private Limited
Unlock guidelines from July 20 to August 2 in Guwahati
Following the 21 days lockdown at Kamrup metropolitan area due to surge of COVID-19 positive cases, from July 20, the unlock process will start with certain guidelines.
Addressing a press conference in Guwahati on July 18, Assam chief secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna said that due to extensive testing, isolation and other restrictive measures, community spread of COVID 19 has been contained to some extent but certain things will have to be maintained.
The new guidelines and prohibitory measures in order to contain the spread of the pandemic will continue till August 2.
As per the new guidelines, the permitted activities:
- All shops and business establishments are allowed to operate on one side of any street on any given day and the on the opposite side on alternate days between Monday and Friday from 7 am to 5 pm. Deputy Commissioner, in consultation with trade bodies, shall determine the side of the street for opening on alternate days.
- Whole-sellers for essential items are allowed to operate between Monday and Friday subject to one side of the street from between 7 am and 5 pm.
- Whole sellers of non-essential items are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday subject to one side of the street norm between 7 am and 5 pm.
- Vegetables, fish and meat whole-sellers are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday between 7 am and 5 pm.
- Home delivery of vegetables, meat and fish is allowed from Monday to Saturday between 7 am and 5 pm.
- Courier and e-commerce activities are allowed from Monday to Friday between 7am and 5 pm.
- All Industrial establishments shall be allowed to function, subject to workforce staying in the premises and outwards/ inwards movement shall not be allowed.
- All construction activities including transportation of materials are allowed, subject to workforce remaining inside the construction sites and owner/ builder being responsible for testing for COVID and maintenance of all COVID-19 protocols.
- Milk, milk products and baby food are allowed to be sold on all days.
- Restaurants and other hospitality services are allowed to function from Monday to Friday during non-curfew hours only on take away basis including online home delivery of cooked food businesses.
- Pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and medicine whole-sellers are allowed on both sides of street from Monday to Friday. Pharmacies are allowed to operate on all days.
- Animal food, veterinary medicine and other livestock related activities are allowed on all days;
- Pan, guthkha and cigarette shops are not allowed to open.
- Parlours and salons are allowed to open for hair trimming only with street side restriction between 7 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday.
- Shopkeepers will be allowed to operate only with 50 percent employees and all employees including owner testing negative for COVID-19 and with strict compliance of all COVID-I9 protocols issued by health department.
- Cab aggregators, Auto Rickshaws and manual Rickshaws except e-rickshaws are allowed to operate with only two passengers at any given time with operator carrying negative test report for COVID-19. Operator is responsible for sanitizing vehicle after every trip.
- Technical services such as plumber, electrician, carpenter, AC and other electrical and electronic equipment repairing is allowed from Monday to Friday during non-curfew hours.
- All Central and State Government offices including Banks, Insurance Companies, NBFCs, GTAC and private offices shall operate with 30 percent of all workforces. Testing for COVID-19 and maintenance of COVID-19 protocols shall be the responsibility of the head of the office. Offices are allowed to operate without street side restrictions.
- All warehouses are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday between 7 am and 5 pm with workforce remaining inside the campus and management will be responsible for testing and maintenance of protocols for COVID-19. Goods carrying vehicles are allowed on all days.
- Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT enabled services to continue.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services shall continue with persons with specifically assigned duties being allowed to come out.
- Private vehicles, both four and two wheeler are strictly barred from coming on to street except for medical emergency and official duty.
- Street and footpath vending of any sort is not allowed; 24. All designated GMC markets shall remain closed.
- Malls, cinema halls, gymnasiums, yoga centres and all places of public gathering shall remain closed.
- All shopkeepers, employees, delivery persons, technical repair personnel and any person coming in close contact with members of the public must get themselves tested for COVID-I9 and must carry test result on their person at all times.
27. Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 6 pm and 6 am. No movement of individuals shall be allowed on Saturday and Sunday at any time.
The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India