In a viral video on the social media, jailed YouTuber Paras Singh claimed that he has “talked with” Arunachal MLA Ninong Ering about the racial video.
“Unse baat ho gayi hai (Had a word with him),” the YouTuber was heard saying when he was quizzed by a security personnel on why he was arrested.
The 4:36 minute video shows Paras Singh behind the bars while a security personnel takes a “selfie interview” using his mobile phone.
Paras said that he was ignorant and had no knowledge about the same. “I did not do it knowingly. Would not have done that if I had known that,” he was heard saying.
The News Mill could not independently verify the authenticity of the video. Also, we could not confirm when and where the video was taken. The video starts with the YouTuber wearing a face mask but was asked by the security personnel to remove the same which he obliged.
Earlier on June 4, a local court in Itanagar extended the judicial custody of Paras Singh by seven days.
Paras Singh, who was lodged at Jully jail, was produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC), Yupia, near Itanagar, at the end of his six days judicial custody.
“The court of JMFC, Yupia has extended the judicial custody of accused Paras for a period of seven more days,” Special Investigation Team (SIT) SP Rohit Rajbir Singh said.
Singh had earlier said, during the investigation, it was revealed that Paras made this controversial video to gain widespread attention and views, so that his monetary income could be maximised.
The 22-year-old content creator was arrested on May 25 in Ludhiana by Punjab police after he was booked for his alleged racial remarks against Ninong Ering, MLA from Pasighat West constituency and the people of Arunachal Pradesh, in one of his videos which he had uploaded in his YouTube channel, Paras Official.
Later, a three-member Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Arunachal Pradesh Police (APP) had brought him to the state capital Itanagar from Ludhiana after it obtained a three-day transit remand from a court there.
Paras had made the video over Ering’s letter to prime minister Narendra Modi in which he urged not to allow the launch of ‘Battlegrounds Mobile India’, the new avatar of PUBG Mobile, citing it as a big threat to security of the country.
The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India