A 15-year-old boy succumbed to COVID-19 infection in Meghalaya, taking the death toll due to the viral disease up to 25, with 168 new positive cases confirmed in the state on September 12.
Director of Health Services (MI) Aman War informed that the boy was brought from Mawpat area to H Gordon Roberts Hospital in Shillong on September 10 midnight, passed away in the early hours, at around 5:30 am.
“He had been suffering from undifferentiated febrile illness and acute respiratory distress syndrome septic shock and was COVID-19 positive,” War said.
“The boy succumbed due to the severity of the disease. Diagnose with acute respiratory syndrome with septic shock with COVID-19 RT-PCR positive,” the senior medical official said.
On September 12, 131 more COVID-19 patients recovered, taking the number of recoveries to 2020 in the state.
Meanwhile, several residential areas and houses and commercial complexes have been declared as containment zones in Shillong by the East Khasi Hills district administration, in the wake of detection of COVID-19 positive cases in these premises.