The relaxations announced by the Union home ministry for Unlock 3.0 on July 29, will not be applicable in total in Assam, at least till August 15.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on July 30 said that the state will continue with its own set of guidelines prohibiting a number of activities.
He said: “We will be following our guidelines specified by the state government till at least August 15. We cannot lose the work done and achieved so far with our restrictions to check the spread of COVID-19.”
Among the restrictions in place in the state are daily 12-hour night curfew, weekend lockdown in all urban areas and ban in inter-district movement of individuals.
Besides, a few districts have their lockdowns and other restrictions as decided by the local administration.
Kamrup Metro district, under which Guwahati comes, also has a number of specific restrictions in place, including rules for opening of shops, etc.
The health minister held a video-conference with principals, superintendents and doctors of all medical colleges and hospitals of the state for reviewing and firming up the way ahead.
The state has been witnessing a spike in number of new cases with the overall tally at 36,295 with detection of 1,348 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours.
The number of recovered patients has increased to 27,832 with 1214 recoveries during the last 24 hours, while the death toll is at 92.