© Heynortheast Media Private Limited
Coronavirus threat: Delhi govt bans dine-in at restaurants
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday, March 19, announced that all the restaurants in the national capital will not open for dine -in upto March 31.
Addressing media persons on Thursday evening, Kejriwal said that in view of preventing the COVID-19 outbreak the restaurants shall not be allowed to cater for dine-in guests, however, keeping in view those who depend on restaurants for food, take-away facility will be available and delivery services will also continue.
Meanwhile, the restaurant chains these days are screening their employees who come for work everyday. They also screen the food delivery persons when they enter the concerned restaurant for the pick-up of the food item.
Government will strictly abide by several other measures in view of the prevention of the outbreak of the disease. Kejriwal informed that so far there have been 11 cases reported in the national capital.
He said that the Delhi government is mapping all the private and government hospitals and keeping a check on all the crucial equipment of critical care such as the ventilators and other machines so that everything is available in perfect working condition in case of need.
The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India