With the rise of COVID-19 cases in Assam, the state government has announced several new guidelines on May 12. The additional restrictions in respect of the urban areas and peri-urban areas within a 5-km from the periphery of municipal corporations, municipal boards and revenue towns.
These will be effective from 5 am of May 13 until further orders.
The pointwise details of the guidelines:
- All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 1 pm on all days.
- Weekly markets shall not be allowed for 15 days.
- All educational institutions including schools/colleges/universities must provide quality virtual options. No physical classes shall be allowed for 15 days.
- All offices both government and non-government shall shut down for 15 days.
- Government / semi-government officers in the rank of deputy secretary and above and senior executives in non-government sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office up to 1 pm only for emergency and essential works. However, 4 and 5 above will not be applicable for organisations rendering essential/emergency services, law enforcement services and election work.
- In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area that reaches 5 percent or more in the last one week, the district magistrate will notify such areas as containment zone and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
- Marriages and religious functions will be only private affairs and be allowed with the presence of a maximum of 10 (ten) persons. No reception parties will be allowed post or pre-marriage.
- Funeral / last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 persons.
- All religious places shall remain closed for 15 days. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious rituals/ prayers during this period of closure.
- All public transport will be allowed to operate only upto 30 percent of seating capacity.
- Auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers.
- Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two-wheelers, except with women and children.
- All vehicles other than government vehicles will be allowed to ply in accordance with an odd-even formula to be decided by the jurisdictional district disaster management authority between 5 am to 2 pm.
- There shall be a total ban on movement of individuals from 2 pm to 5 am daily, except for exemptions specified in Order No. ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated May 4, 2021.
- In respect of areas not covered by this order, the regulations given vide order No. ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated May 4, 2021 shall remain in force.