Assam government has issued a fresh SOP to control the movement of people in the state in view of the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) on June 4 issued a revised and consolidated directive on containment of COVID-19 pandemic. The order will be applicable throughout the state from June 6 and will remain in force till June 16.
The directives will be applicable for both urban and rural areas across the state. Some features of the new order are:
- There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 1 pm to 5 am daily.
- Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guests only up to 12 noon. Takeaway of food is allowed till 1 pm after which only home delivery of food will be allowed.
- Restaurants operating within a hotel or resort can allow outside guests up to 12 noon only. However, in-house guests of the hotel/resort may be given only room service after 12 noon.
- Cold storages and warehouses may continue after 12 noon. However, sale counters, showrooms etc. attached to these warehouses or cold storages shall not operate after 12 noon.
- All inter-district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
- Other restrictions including odd- even formula for plying of vehicles in urban areas, declaration of containment zones, work places etc. will continue as ordered earlier.