Assam government has issued a fresh SOP to control the movement of people in the state in view of the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) on June 4 issued a revised and consolidated directive on containment of COVID-19 pandemic. The order will be applicable throughout the state from June 6 and will remain in force till June 16.
The directives will be applicable for both urban and rural areas across the state. Some features of the new order are:
- There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 1 pm to 5 am daily.
- Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guests only up to 12 noon. Takeaway of food is allowed till 1 pm after which only home delivery of food will be allowed.
- Restaurants operating within a hotel or resort can allow outside guests up to 12 noon only. However, in-house guests of the hotel/resort may be given only room service after 12 noon.
- Cold storages and warehouses may continue after 12 noon. However, sale counters, showrooms etc. attached to these warehouses or cold storages shall not operate after 12 noon.
- All inter-district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
- Other restrictions including odd- even formula for plying of vehicles in urban areas, declaration of containment zones, work places etc. will continue as ordered earlier.
The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India