Northeast Frontier Railway (NF Railway) has resumed issuing bedrolls, including linen and blankets, to passengers in several trains which was restricted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
NF Railway had already resumed these services for a few trains originating from Katihar and Alipurduar divisions in March and April this year. Recently the facilities of linen have been started in additional eight pairs of trains.
“Gradually, linen services in more and more trains will be provided in upcoming days,” said a spokesperson of NF Railway.
For the comfort and convenience of passengers, supply of linen and blankets have been started in the following trains.
Services of linens started in the following trains from June 10 onwards:
- Train No. 15665 BG Express
- Train No. 15613 Lachit Express
- Train No. 15603 GHY-Ledo Intercity Express
- Train No. 15669 Nagaland Express
- Train No. 15658 Brahmaputra Mail
- Train No. 12505 Northeast Express
- Train No. 20505 Dibrugarh – New Delhi Rajdhani Express
- Train No. 15818 Donyi Polo Express
Moreover, in the following trains the linen services will resume soon
- Train No. 22501 Ksr Bengaluru – New Tinsukia Express from June 17
- Train No. 15905 Vivek Express from June 18
- Train No. 15903 Dibrugarh – Chandigarh Express from June 20
- Train No. 15929 Tambaram – New Tinsukia Express from June 20
- Train No. 15933 New Tinsukia – Amritsar Express from June 21
The restriction was earlier imposed in view of the pandemic and due to COVID-19 standard operating protocol for the movement of passengers by trains.
“Supply of linen and blankets is being done in a phased manner to ensure the proper quality of linen as a sizeable amount of fresh linen is being procured. NFR is working overtime to bring the service back to 100 per cent,” said Sabyasachi De, chief public relations officer.