News & Information From Northeast India

No fresh cases of COVID-19, health department maintains vigil in Meghalaya

Meghalaya has not reported any fresh cases of COVID-19 in the past one week and the Health and Family Welfare Department is maintaining a strict vigilant, Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said on April 27.

In his daily briefing on the prevailing health scenario, he said that all the 11 active COVID-19 positive patients were stable.

“Till date swab samples of 1254 have been tested for COVID-19, out of which 1182 yielded negative, while outcome of 60 samples were awaited,” Tynsong said.

Informing that 24,382 individuals have been screened so far, the deputy chief Minister said, “Contact tracing of 181 primary contacts and 3147 secondary contacts completed. Altogether 6,434 individuals are under home quarantine and 308 are under institutional quarantine”.

Director of health services, Dr Aman War informed that samples of the COVID-19 patients will be collected again on completion of their 14th days for testing to ascertain whether the patients are free from the virus.

“If such person tests negative they will be certified to be corona free,” Dr War said.

Tynsong said that government has decided to instruct the Health department to direct the Civil Hospitals in Shillong, Tura and Jowai to also admit patients suffering from other ailments.

Earlier, the government had decided that these three hospitals would be dedicated Corona Care Centres.

“After getting a detailed report we decided that these three hospitals will from now on also receive regular patients like they did in the past,” Tynsong said.


The News Mill is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thenewsmill) and stay updated with the latest news from across Northeast India