A suspected bomb blast occurred at Police Bazar in Shillong on January 30 evening.
According to the reports, the suspected blast took place near Delhi Mistan Bhandar at Police Bazar in Shillong.
There was no report of any casualty due to the blast.
Chief minister Conrad Sangma condemned the blast and said perpetrators will not be spared. “Strongly condemn the blast at Police Bazar, Shillong this evening. An attempt to disrupt peace and bring harm is nothing but a cowardly act. Perpetrators will not be spared. We will ensure peace prevails in the state,” he wrote on Facebook.
Meghalaya Police said that the cause of the explosion or any information related to the people behind the same were yet to be ascertained. The officer however added that there was no report of any injury or casualty.
It is suspected to be an improvised explosive device (IED) blast, a senior police officer told PTI. The front portions of a mobile store and a wine shop were damaged due to the blast, police said.
Home minister Lahkmen Rymbui said that the “suspect have been identified and investigation is on”.
The entire area had been cordoned off and investigations were ongoing.
Further details awaited.